It’s true! I’m jumping for joy with my friend Kristen, but we discovered a surprising truth on this photo shoot. I am officially a dork when it comes to jumping. I am not good at, nor am I blessed with jumping skills.
The trampoline was in place. Kristen said, “Jump a few times and then bend your knees and swing your feet out to the side as you jump for joy.” I’m an athlete. This sounded easy.
I began to gently go up and down. Each attempt to jump higher revealed that my feet were like velcro on the small trampoline. Kristen coaxed and encouraged me, bounce by bounce, to get the perfect jump.
Kristen is an excellent photographer. She was able to get the perfect shot against difficult odds. In this photo, my toes were barely two inches off of the trampoline!
The surprising truth about a good and blessed life is much like the lessons I learned that day about my severely limited jumping ability.
When was the last time you were surprised by the limitations of our own ability to do something well? Limitations reveal themselves in your work, at home, in your marriage, in parenting, and in every aspect of life.
How you handle limitations will determine your effectiveness
in meeting your goals at home and at work.
HOW TO TRANSFORM LIMITATIONS INTO BLESSINGS
- Recognize your limitation. I was unaware of my inept ability to jump properly until I stepped up onto the trampoline.
- Reorganize to find a solution. After several clumsy attempts at jumping high into the sky it was confirmed a new solution was needed.
- Reposition the team. Kristen repositioned herself to accommodate my limitations.
- Reap the blessings. I jumped high into the sky with the Austin skyscrapers!
Proverbs 16 in the Bible reveals a surprising truth about how you can find good and be blessed.
“He who gives attention to the word will find good,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.” Proverbs 16:20
What limitation have you recognized in your life? It’s time to reorganize and find a solution for that limitation in the word of God, the Bible.
Next, you will need to reposition your team or family by taking action. Practice, practice, practice and you will reap the blessing of a life lived well trusting in the Lord. You can find joy in the journey.
- RECOGNIZE – Help recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of your personality type. 16 Personalities
- REORGANIZE – Help for finding solutions to life’s challenges in the Bible. CURIOUS OR COMMITTED: 31 Days to Understand the Bible Step-By-Step
- Faux-Toes Photography in Austin, TX