Only four months, a total of 122 days, and my plan for the best year ever will come to an end. We will have a new president-elect of the United States, the children will have completed another semester of school, I will have completed another triathlon, and I will be one day away from being another year older. You guessed it, I’m a New Year’s Day baby.
Friend, how is your year progressing? Is it a big ‘ole mess of variety like my year?
As I evaluate my progress for 2016, I am reminded there are three significant components that are foundational to my plan for the best year ever. Three proven practices which have consistently produced positive results in my life year after year.
These three proven practices are rooted in a single word.
Mentor. An experienced and trusted adviser; who is available to guide others with purpose and wisdom.
- As you transition from summer to fall, how will you finish 2016?
- Do you have the right mentors in place to help guide and cheer you on along the path to success?
- Do you have the knowledge and discipline to finish strong?
THREE PROVEN PRACTICES FOR THE BEST YEAR EVER
- Connect with a business mentor.
- Connect with a marriage mentor.
- Connect with a parenting mentor.
HOW TO FIND A BUSINESS MENTOR
The best place I have found to locate a mentor is in an organized group of men and women who are experiencing the results I am seeking to achieve. I have found an excellent business mentor in Michael Hyatt. Michael is the developer of 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever; the plan I followed to develop my personal and business plan for 2016. I’ll share more about this in an upcoming business post.
Today, I want us to focus on the personal side of the plan for the best year ever.
HOW TO FIND A MARRIAGE MENTOR AND A MOM MENTOR
If you are married, or married with children, I think we can all agree we want to experience the very best of what each season has to offer. You will find valuable content and mentors for marriage and parenting in my five favorite resources listed below. New groups and new resources are made available each fall.
Position yourself to finish 2016 strong. Make 2016 your best year ever by connecting with a mentor with a proven track record of success.
Connect with a marriage mentor at
- Book Club Bible Study – A safe place for the curious, committed, or somewhere in-between to explore the patterns found in the Bible for healthy relationships and healthy living. There is also a companion series for men at IRONMEN Bible Study.
- Dr. James Dobson of Family Talk provides excellent online marriage mentoring.
Connect with a mom mentoring group at
- Mothers of Preschoolers or MOPS for short.
- Fearless Mom where expectant moms, preschool moms, and moms all the way up to high school students connect and find mentors for their specific stage of parenting. “No nonsense, common sense parenting.”
- Daughters of Truth provides family devotions and online encouragement.
Friend, I want you to have your best year ever. Together let’s encourage one another to finish strong. Connect with a marriage mentoring and/or a mom mentoring group today!
Learn how to be resilient and joyful. You can find joy in the journey with a mentor to help you carry the load.
You go girl!
Resilient and joyful,